Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
- University Life
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
- About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
- Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
- Community Engagement
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Our Vision for Our Campus
To create a campus that is sustainable and efficient, and that provides a high-quality experience for all who study, work, live, play and visit here
- Evolve the Campus Master Plan, allowing for further enhancements to our physical campus as an enabler of the University’s success
- Promote the campus as a cultural, social and sporting amenity by encouraging wider access from individuals, community groups, business, professional and cultural organisations, and other institutions and agencies
- Attract additional visitors to the campus, by hosting national and international events, among other activities
- Expand campus retail activity significantly and exploit potential commercial opportunities on campus by developing new services and income streams
- Continue to promote a spirit of corporate social responsibility by contributing to a healthier, more sustainable and green campus environment
- Invest further in ‘clean and green’ systems, and reinvest energy cost savings in new sustainability technologies
- Continue to implement universal accessibility compliance measures
Measures of Success
- Campus Master Plan reviewed in 2015
- Current building projects completed – Clinical and Translational Research; Drama, Theatre and Performance; and Human Biology
- New student residences built – 450 bed residences by 2018, and a further 450 by 2020
- New sports facilities constructed – Water Sports building; 3G synthetic training and competition facility for all codes; additional sports pitch; and upgrade of existing natural grass surfaces
- Phased implementation of our buildings regeneration plan, transforming existing older infrastructure
- Retail and other commercial revenue increased by 30%
- At least five sponsorship contracts developed, with the support of Galway University Foundation
- Published building/unit metrics for electricity consumption, gross space assigned, office waste produced and recycled
- Reorganised operational model of estates management